How to charge WooCommerce shipping by item
WooCommerce shipping per item
Many shop owners use the built-in WooCommerce shipping zones and rates to create their shipping fee structures. You can find these under WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping.
While more complex shipping like this can’t be done with the core tools, you could create tiered shipping with the Table Rate Shipping extension for WooCommerce. This plugin lets you create rates per item count, so you could do a table of rates like this:
The Cost field allows you to charge a flat rate per item, a percentage based cost or a minimum fee.
- [qty] – Number of products in the cart
- [fee] – An additional fee. This fee has two optional arguments.
- percent – A percentage based on total order cost.
- min_fee – A minimum amount. Useful when using percentages.
- max_fee – A maximum amount. Useful when using percentages.
10 + ( 2 * [qty] )– A base shipping cost of $10 plus $2 for each item in the cart.
20 + [fee percent="10" min_fee="4"]– A base shipping cost of $20 plus 10% of the order total, which is at least $4.